GBRW Expert Witness webinar presentations
GBRW Expert Witness has three presentations which are designed for litigation and banking departments in law firms and which we understand may count towards CPD. Each normally takes around 30-40 minutes plus Q&A. Timing is flexible and can be set to fit in with lunch or the start or end of the working day.
The first deals with the issues facing lawyers in identifying suitable experts in financial sector disputes. It covers the following headings:
- How do law firms identify suitable financial sector experts?
- Sector specific issues in banking, investment and insurance disputes
- Problems facing instructing firms – and solutions
- Trends in financial sector litigation, based on our analysis of approaches from law firms
The second is an overview of issues currently facing banks, drawn from our own consulting and expert experience. It is organised under two headings:
- Banking sector: Winners and losers over the past 9 years
- What’s worrying banks? Major issues facing the financial sector and how these have evolved over recent years.
The third is a more specialised presentation for law firms involved in the field of trade finance:
- Trade Finance: “When Deals Go Wrong”
- Trade finance dispute areas, including credit decisions, deal structuring, Letters of Credit/Documentary Collections and insurance
- Case studies drawn from our own experience as trade finance bankers and experts
- “Red flags”
Alan Jervis has been a practitioner in the general, marine and transportation insurance field for the past 40 years. His areas of specialty include marine, protection and indemnity, energy, aviation and environmental liabilities. He draws on his insurance experience as an underwriter, claims adjuster, consultant, insurance archaeologist and course instructor. Alan has written a number of e-books on cargo insurance. He has first-hand knowledge and experience of underwriting practices of several key insurance markets - London and UK, France, Canada and the United States of America - and has been retained as an expert in over 40 cases, having offered expert testimony at trial, arbitration and deposition
Alan is a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute London and is a Practising Member of the Academy of Experts.
One Hour Introductory Webinars for Solicitors
The objective of Alan's one-hour webinars is to offer a high level perspective of custom and practice in the industry as well as current trends in a number of specialised areas:
- Introduction to Marine Cargo Insurance
- 2020 Market Trends in Cargo Insurance
- Insuring Perishable Cargo
- Cargo Insurance in the USA and How it Differs from the UK Cargo Market
- Cargo Insurance and Delay in Start-Up cover
- Introduction to Energy and Oil and Gas Insurance
- Introduction to Aviation Insurance
He is happy to receive requests to cover further topics. Alan can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org